Thursday, October 1, 2009

Paper Heart

Happy October everyone! The year is flying by so fast that I hardly find time to enjoy it. The holiday's have been a nice way to start appreciating the little things in life. You know, like being in lazy. You can't beat that.

I went to see "Paper Heart" today and absolutely loved it. If you haven't heard of it, it's a fake documentary starring Charlyne Yi and Michael Cera. Charlyne starts making the doco because she doesn't believe in love. she sets out to gather as many perspectives on love as she can. On her travels she meets Michael Cera. Michael and Charlyne start to get to know each other, and although at first Charlyne doesn't warm to him, she quickly changes her mind. Their relationship develops, but is difficult due to the fact that they can't spend any time without the cameras around. Also, there's the fact that Charlyne doesn't believe in love.
It's so strange watching fake documentaries. I always fall for it, and by the end I could swear it's all real. I'm a doco sucker. The acting was really good, and Michael Cera is the most adorable boy I have ever seen. I think the best performance came from Jake M. Johnson, who played the part of Nicholas Jasenovec, the director. His interest in Charlyne and Michael's relationship is hilarious. I came out of the cinema saying a big, loud "Awwwwwww", and with a huge smile on my face. The only cinema showing it in my area is the Nova, on Lygon St., but if you can find a cinema to see it in, I highly recommend it. Off you go.

Cat xx

1 comments:

Phoebe! said...

I can't wait to see it!
I'm pretty excited, i'm going with a friend this weekend.
xx