Monday, October 19, 2009

Honest Scrap

The wonderful Frangipani Princess has tagged me for "Honest Scrap". Now I am obligated to post 10 random truths about myself or go to blogger hell. Actually that's a great thing because I've been having a terrible bout of writer's block. Shudder. So here I go:


1. I swallow gum. A lot.
I don't really know why I do, but I always have and it's never been a problem. On "Braniac" they did a test to see if gum really does stay in your system for 7 years like some people say and a week after the test person swallowed the gum it was gone. Otherwise I'd probably have chocked by now.


2. I'm a serial procrastinator.
If I can put it off, I will. Until the last possible opportunity to complete my homework/ clean my room/ practise piano I find something (anything) else to occupy myself with. The thing is, as of yet, I've never had to face any serious consequences. That's what happened when you're a privileged Australian girl. You become an inactive, lazy brat. Oh dear.

3. I've been playing recorder for 10 years.
I think I've already mentioned that, but I'll count it anyway. Everyone thinks that all you can play on recorder is "Hot Cross Buns", but that's not true. I've just completed my fourth grade exam (I got honours, hooray!) and I can play real songs.

4. I like Taylor Swift.
That probably doesn't sound too notable to you, but she's the only music of that style that I like, and my music snob friends pay me out all the time. Nasty Pasties. There's just something about her songs that makes me feel happy. Not as much as "The Cat Empire" though. Look them up.

5. I can't read/ hear/ talk about gruesome stuff without needing to tense up all my muscles.
It's really strange. My Humanities teacher said it had something to do with the fight or flight instinct. I feel like I'm in the situation or something. It's always happened. In fact, I'm getting it now just writing this.

6. Sometimes I can't help but be a bit of a music snob.
I feel terrible about it, but when someone says they like music that I hate, I sometimes feel superior. Which is a terrible, ignorant way to be. I've tried really hard not to do this and I'm getting better with it. Because if listening to a certain thing makes you happy, then that's what you should listed to.

7. I like the smell of things I shouldn't.
Like glue, petrol, methylated spirits, white out and permanent marker. I'm not a chromer or anything, there's just something oddly appealing about strong smells that seem as though they'd burn your skin. Not that I go around sniffing them...*cough*. Nah, kidding.

8. I waste my life in front of "Gilmore Girls" on the TV
Last year for Christmas, my family bought me the entire box set. Double awesome. But now I watch it almost every day. Literally. I have friends who know the names of the characters and all the major plot lines, just from how much I talk about it. They've never actually seen it. My humour has also started to become a bit like theirs. Just not as awesome. At all.


9. I like little kid movies.
Particularly Disney. I lo-o-ove them sooo much. Most of my favorite movies are ones that are aimed at people 10 or under and they're so sweet and they also remind me of being younger. My absolute favourites are "Alice in Wonderland" and Aladdin".


10. It took me 3 days to think of these.
Apparently I'm not a very interesting person. I always suspected it. I actually sat here, not knowing what to write. I apologise of you've fallen asleep. It was an accident, I swear.


So with no further (and boring) ado, I tag this along to: Camelgirl, Miss Moi and Michelle.
Cat xx

4 comments:

michelle said...

hey cat! :)
oooooh wow, thanks for the tag! which reminds me... i just remembered that i have another tag to do ages ago... oops. i am bad at keeping up with these things. :P
by the way, i think you are an interesting person (why you think i stop by your blog? not because you're boring, hehe).
i can identify with points 2, 4 (my respect for you just went up lots... taylor swift is awesome, despite what your music snob friends say!) and 9 (over the summer holidays, i had a disney movie marathon with friends; it was amazing, went for 12 hours straight!); and will probably identify with 10 when i start to actually fill this tag in (interesting, me? pfft!).
so yes. i shall make a note somewhere to do this (or i'll never get it done, haha)
thanks again!
x michelle

Áine said...

I'm liking your blog too! Keep Smiling and don't be worried about being a procrastinater,most of us are deep down,atleast some of the time lol :)

smorginator said...

watching gilmore girls is not wasting your life! lol. i &heart; gilmore girls!

smorginator said...

♥***