Thursday, October 22, 2009

Love in the Afternoon...


I know that this is extremely typical of me, but I'd like to post this about...love. I said I wouldn't. I thought It was too soppy a subject, and maybe it is. I don't want to get too cliche and I don't think I will. Let's find out:
Before you un-follow me and exit the window, hear this: this is not a post about how much I want love, how sweet it is or (most atrocious of all), a lengthy post about how much I, at 14 years old, love my boyfriend. I don't have one. Never really have (excluding false year seven relationships). Perhaps that makes my view more objective, perhaps less so, I don't know. Recently, I went through a phase of not believing in love. Not in the radical sense exactly. I just thought it was put on a pedestal and made to seem all important. I felt it was just something people imagined, that was really just a lot of like. Now I'm not so sure. I am sure of a few things:
Love isn't something I need, particularly before I graduate high school. I will always feel complete without it.
Even if I find love, I won't stop valuing myself. No one should.
There is no "one". There's good circumstances, evolving personalities and attraction.
Mates before dates should apply often, but not always. Sometimes, people's partners are their best friends.
I also think that love isn't what it's made out to be: perfect and beautiful. I think it's about accepting that he finds burps funny/she'll never shut-up about "Gilmore Girls", rather that finding the person who is flawless. No one is. If you think someones perfect, you're kidding yourself. Personally I think fart jokes are a reasonable trade for someone who's caring/funny/understands me/listens to me (talk about "Gilmore Girls").
Cat xx
P.S. images from weheartit

4 comments:

Áine said...

I really like your blog and love is defo not too soppy a subject to talk about.Shakespeare didn't think so anyway lol :)
by the by...I love Gilmore Girls!

kathryn said...

I think that's a wonderful attitude you have, missy. Ppl put too much emphasis on finding love whilst still in high school...then you feel like you're supposed to find it. I think more ppl find it in college, actually...

Snake Charmer said...

i think people find love when their not obsessively looking for it. i also think that people shouldn't settle for someone that makes them feel better about themselves- i feel like love should be an all or nothing type of thing ..my two cents :)

Chrissie said...

I agree with this post.
Wow what a great comment from me:P
I'm amazing, huh?