Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Road Trip

I've been rather stuck for things to write about for a while now. Maybe it's the holidays, but I've found myself devoid of original thought. That's what the holidays always seem to do. Before hand I think to myself "This is great, I'll be able to write more blogs and such.". But really, the mental stimulation of school is what enables me to think of interesting blog topics. Well, it appears so, anyhow. All I can think to post about is what I've been doing, and I don't think you'd find that particularly interesting. I've decided that in a few years time (when I'm 17 ish), I'm going to go on a road trip. Don't you think that would be seriously awesome? I don't even really like the idea of driving. I don't want my own car. But I'll get my license all the same and then hire a car with a friend (Joel, hopefully. It was him that I planned it with) and travel around Australia.

There's a movie called "Elizabethtown" starring Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst. Maybe you've seen it. Anyway, it was on tv one night. I wasn't really paying all that much attention to it, to be honest. However, near the end, it got interesting. Kisten Dunst's character tells Orlando Bloom's character to go on a road trip. She makes him a massive scrap book thing and he doesn't open it 'till he's on the road. When he looks at it, it's filled with maps, ideas of obscure things to go and see and mix CD's that he has to listen to at particular points of his journey. That was when the idea of a road trip first appealed to me. How fun would it be to plan out your trip, music and all, and then just travel around for ages? To bring just the most basic things, spend most of your time in your PJs and eat pre-packaged food? To be independant, seeing places you've never seen before?




Photos found at Weheartit and Flickr.
Cat xx

1 comments:

missmoi said...

I don't actually like Elizabethtown, but I absolutely love that bit!!! It so makes me want to go on a road trip as well. Who cares if I get motion sickness even looking at a car... But I need to find someone to write me a scrapbook. Hm.

xx Miss Moi