Sunday, September 13, 2009

COLLINGWOOD

The Adelaide/Collingwood game was awesome. It was one of the best games I've ever been to, possibly the best. We (my dad and I, and basically the whole Collingwood crowd) were feeling pretty dismal at half time, but then in the third quarter, wham! 6 goals to none. We're awesome! The third quarter led to an extremely stressful fourth however. In the last 3 minutes or so Adelaide got ahead by 1 point and we couldn't tell when the game was ending exactly, but then, in the last minute, we got a free kick and the winning goal. I was bunching my scarf in stress for the last few seconds but then the siren went and dear lord the cheering was loud. I find going to the AFL such an "Aussie" experience, in a stereotypical way. It's cool. Fair dinkum mate.
Cat xx

1 comments:

Sir Miffington Quack Quack said...

Ahhh, collingwood. Undoubtedly the best tem in the world...

drazine