Sunday, September 20, 2009

Catch my disease...


Summer is on it's way and I have the same condition that I get every year: season envy. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Otherwise known as nevereversatisfied disease, but more specific, those with season envy can never enjoy the weather. They want more. Each year in summer, I sit in my light clothing in front of a fan complaining about how much I hate it and how I wish it was winter. "In winter," I say, in my try-hard smart voice, "you can escape the cold. All you need is a jumper or a blanket. Summer is inescapable. If you have clothes on you're hot and if you take them off you're hot and burnt." This is true, but when winter comes around, I'm singing a different tune. I miss summer, I tell everyone. I miss swimming, cold drinks, watermelon and dresses. I miss the pool, the beach. My friends glare at me, irritated with my impossible to please nature.

You might think that spring and autumn are perfect for me. Well, you are sorely mistaken. Sure, during summer and winter I say that I like autumn and spring. A perfect balance, not too cold or hot. But during spring my hay fever starts up, and autumn is dull. These are my complaints at the time anyway. The problem with season envy is that there is no real cure. I will forever be unsatisfied with the weather. It's a curse really. Cue sob story music.


Cat xx

0 comments: