Sunday, September 27, 2009

Music sounds good...

So it's late on a Sunday night, you're absolutely tuckered out from having guests over for dinner and from the first week of the jolidays in general. You haven't gotten to bed before 11:00 for weeks, and you've been having trouble sleeping. However, you love your readers, and would hate to leave them yet another day without any kind of post. It's been almost a week since you last posted, and that wasn't a real post even. Basically, you fail. So here you sit now, writing (well, typing) about it all. What do you do know? Post a playlist, of course! In light of how awfully sleepy I am, this is a playlist of songs that I find soothing:
Good Morning, Heartache by Billie Holiday
Caroline, No by The Beach Boys
If You See Her, Say Hello by Bob Dylan
Misere by The Cat Empire
Blackbird by Evan Rachel Wood (originally by The Beatles)
Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie by Joanna Newsom
Don't by Elvis Presely
Swing Low, Sweet Chariot by She and Him (very old, traditional song)
A Song For You by Sleep Decade
Little Red by Kate Nash
I feel bad because I always tend to prefer the "Across The Universe" versions of The Beatles songs more than theirs. I would just like to say that I do like The Beatles own versions as well.
Cat xx

1 comments:

ЯANdOM ЯAWR said...

Heyy

You’ve got a great blog there indeed! And yep, I’m definitely going to revisit your other blog Purple Big Brains, because it’s quite awesome.
I read your Gilmore Girls post, and I too quote it, only when I do it, I don’t really quote anything; I just say something along the lines of:”Remember that time in Gilmore Girls when ...” and I just trail off. Yeah.
And, that’s a cool profile photo.

xx.mai