Saturday, September 5, 2009

Disney...

Dear Readers,

I am very, very sorry. The blogs I've started lately have been shoddy and I haven't been posting. I even posted one and then deleted it. Shame on me. However I now find myself inspired by one of the coolest people who has ever lived: Walt Disney. I've been buying old Disney videos this year because old videos are being sold for just a couple of dollars. I don't know about you, but I actually find Cinderella and Snow White (as characters, not movies) extremely irritating. They're too girly and passive. Here are a few of my favourite Disney Films:

Aladdin:
Aladdin is my absolute favourite Disney film and my equal favourite film of all time. Robin Williams is awesome as the genie, Jasmine is one of the Princesses with an actual personality and I love Aladdin. He's super sweet. I also think that the story line has merit beyond the love stuff. I love the characters. All of them. My favourites are Aladdin(of course), Abu, the genie and the Emperor. "One Jump" and "Friend Like Me" are two of the best songs ever written.





Hercules:

Once again, I love Meg because she's not just a damsel in distress. I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but she makes it work. I find Roman and Greek mythology and gods really interesting so the fact that its based around them is great. Also once again, the plot is interesting. Hades is the best villain ever. I love the goddesses who tell the story and the music is lovely. Pegasus is adorable.








Beauty and The Beast:

This story is just reaallly sweet. The idea that Belle and The Beast fall in love is, well, refreshing really. Belle's nerdiness is endearing and it's interesting how there isn't really anyone evil in it. Obviously Gaston is the villain, but he's not evil, just a wanker. I do have one problem with it though: Why doesn't "The Beast", as he is so kindly known, have a name? But yes, other than that it is absolutely wonderful.




Cat xx

1 comments:

Miss Shivi said...

Recently I've buying all the platinum versions on dvd and reminiscing watching the films when I was younger.

My most recent purchase was The Jungle Book and Sleeping Beauty.

My favourite disney classics are 101 Dalmations and Alice in Wonderland.