Wednesday, September 9, 2009

These are a few of my favourite things...

Today has been absolutely wonderful. Due to parent/teacher interviews, school finished at 12:25 (rather than 3:05), meaning I could go out for lunch with friends and hang around Lygon St. Joolz and I went to "Poached" (my favourite cafe. Delicious coffee. Tasty toasties. 'Nuff said). While we were there Tara and Lily turned up, so we all had lunch together. Yum.
After lunch we walked down to a nearby op shop and looked around for an hour, talking to the owner and trying things on. If your an op shop nut like me, you'll understand how divine it was. In the end I found four things I wanted to buy, but I didn't have any money on me. Two pairs of shoes, a bag and a pair of sunnies.
Meanwhile mum was at school talking to my teachers. In fact, I realised she'd be just about finishing. So I called her and asked about one of the pairs of shoes and if she could come any buy them. This is the practical pair (the others are white heels) so I was fairly sure Mum would say yes. I always need new shoes. About 10 minutes later Mum turned up and I showed her all four things in the minuscule speck of hope that she'd let me get them. SHE SAID YES!!! She ended up paying for both pairs of shoes completely and I only have to pay for half of the bag and sunnies, which I don't even need! I know this is a bit of a "dear diary" post, but I'm on such a spending high at the moment, it's fab.
I really like vintage stuff. All of these things have rocketed up onto my favourite possessions list. What's you're favourite possession?
Cat xx

0 comments: