Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Things I would do if I ruled the world:

1- Legalise gay marriage.
The fact that gay marriage isn't legal yet is wrong on so many different levels. I'm not saying that everyone should believe in gay marriage. It's completely fine that some people believe marriage should be between a man and woman, but there's no need for those people to rob others of their rights. You don;t need to be gay to see that the fact that gay marriage is illegal is wrong. I'm not gay and I can.

2- Give every high school student a laptop computer.
Just like Kevin Rudd said he would but didn't. Hmph.

3- Make National left-handers day a public holiday.
That one's for all my lefty friends. It's also a little bit because I love public holidays. Well, that's half of it actually... Fine, three quaters. And yes, there is a national left handers day. Awesome.

4- Rid the country of homelessness.
Easy peasy, oui? Ok, perhaps not, but I would stop turning a blind eye and take some real steps towards a solution. The upper middle class is far too fond of superiority.

5- Give out free cup cakes to everyone.
It's about time.

Cat xx

1 comments:

Chrissie said...

Oooooh. I want you to rule the world on the basis that I would get a laptop and a cup cake=]
Hurry up though, because I'm not going to be a high school student for much longer.