Friday, June 19, 2009

The fact is, lip gloss should taste good...

I find it confusing and upsetting when non-living things deceive me without trying, and non-living things tend not to try. It makes me feel stupid. So when things smell delicious but taste disgusting it's very disgruntling. And what do I do when I am disgruntled by something? I post a blog list about it of course! So here are a few things that smell delicious, but which I have learned the hard way, taste disgusting...
1.
Cocoa- Ahh it smells so chocolaty and good and every time i take it out of my cupboard to make something the scent wafts so temptingly up to my nose I so want to taste some, give in to the draw, but on the occasions that I do, I end up spitting it into the sink. It's cruel really. How can something that smells so sweet taste so incredibly bitter???
2.
Flowers- Now before you screw up your face in disgust and yell "She eats flowers??", note that I learnt how disgusting they taste at a very young age. But still it's ever so sad that the taste has never and will never live up to the heavenly scent! I swear, it just makes no sense. Humph!
3.
Lip gloss- this is possibly the worst, the most ridiculous of this category. You have to wear it on your lips right? And it smells sweet, succulent and delicious, right? Ok so maybe I'm being a tad melodramatic, but why is it that in most cases it just tastes like new car?
I just don't understand why it has to be that way. I dream of the day when nice smells and delicious tastes can walk hand in hand through the world, delighting us all. Is that really so much to ask? REALLY?
Cat xx

4 comments:

Leandra Greenmoon said...

lol, totally agree! its not fair! especially the cocoa powder and lipgloss :(

frangipani princess said...

Wow, you're blog looks amazing! I love the layout (:
And I sooo agree, lipgloss+cocoa powder are so unfair tasting. Although once I had this lipgloss that tasted sososososo good - i just kept eating it :)
I must say I've never had the urge to eat a flower...
hahaha

x

julialow said...

hahaha your observations are spot on! yes, if only lip gloss tasted as yummy as it smelled...

phoebeeeeee :D said...

hello owl :D
i so wish for a yummy tasting lipgloss to have - maybe like that dark chocolate mocha frappe with whipped cream (oh wait, they forgot the whipped cream XD)we had in the city. oh and by the way;
WTF? flowers?
lol
xx