Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The beach smells strange these days...

I was in Healthy Lifestyles For Girls a while ago (a lovely class in every way *cough*) and I was talking to one of my friends and she smelled like the beach. I told her this, quite confused at the fact and it was as I was speaking that I realized: she was wearing sunscreen! It's that subconscious, that kind of association and I know its not just me because I've seen others make the same mistake and I must admit, I've wondered what was wrong with them, but nothing is. It's fascinating. People are so used to smelling sunscreen at the beach that anytime they smell it they wonder "Why does it smell like the beach?". I actually find it really nice, sort of bringing summer with me everywhere. I should really try wearing sunscreen! Apparently it's good for you in some way as well!!
Cat xx

0 comments: