Monday, May 18, 2009

My tips on stage fright and random stuff like that...

My good friend has returned home from a five week trip to New York, and he was much missed! I'm in a very good mood, but find myself quite out of blog ideas today, so I thought to myself, "Hey, just write!". Bad idea!
I had a solo singing performance this evening and as usual, it was good fun. I find the trick to beating stage fright is to realise that the audience is not there to critique you, they are there to enjoy and support you. No one turns up at a school singing concert thinking "Ahahaha I can't wait to boo Cat off stage", and if they do, then they have some issues of their own to sort out. So next time you perform, look at the audience and see not a scary crowd ready to laugh the moment you sing/ play the first note. see them for what they really are: a group of people who are for the most part kind and genuinely interested in hearing you. It's much less disgusting then imagining them naked.
Cat xx

3 comments:

frangipani princess said...

heyy cat :D
First comment :)
You're blog is really rad, I'll definitely keep my eye on it :)
I'm sure you're an amazing singer btw :)

x

Sir Miffington Quack Quack said...

Bags second, eat that Frangi. Lol. Gawd, you are so lucky. I'm the worst singer, ever. They WOULD think that for me. The worst part is, I wouldn't blame them... Blogs great. Keep it up!

xx
Kissable94

Anonymous said...

wow, sounds like a good to way beat stage fright, i'll have to give it a go next time the opportunity arrises :D

jack