Saturday, May 23, 2009

Love is a very loop-holed thing...

Apparently it is possible to like someone, have them like you, "do stuff" with them and be in a situation where you wouldn't "do stuff" with anyone else without being a couple. Hmm... See, it seems to me that what I've just described IS your basic teenage couple. So what does it mean if you choose not to slap the "couple" label on?
I asked one friend this and he said, "Well if one of them goes to hospital, the other isn't obligated to visit them.". Well I personally would say that agreeing only to "do stuff" with one person is more of a commitment than visiting them in hospital. There's a long list of people I'd visit in hospital and none of them are my boyfriend (I don't have one).
So doesn't a lack of label, of title mean nothing? I mean, I assume it's the fact that someone doesn't want to commit, but how does not using the term "couple" make a relationship less of a commitment? It doesn't! Commitmentphobes are weird...
Cat xx

3 comments:

jack said...

maybe the people in that situation are worried they might cheat on the person they're "doing stuff" with... and it isn't as bad a thing is they aren't calling themselves a couple?
just a thought....

Jack

L-dog (lauren) ahaha said...

yeah, then they are actually free to 'do stuff' with other... people. i guess.
but yes.. you are quite right.

You know who said...

Don't like couples. I like talking to just one member of the couple when they're together, making them seem not like a couple. I trick I learnt from you, my dearest Cat.