Friday, May 22, 2009

These holidays...

Cat is off to Queensland! I'm very excited. I get to travel with my little sister on the plane and meet my aunt and uncle at the air port. Our parents aren't coming, which is very possibly the best bit. I've never travelled alone , any significant distance. I'll be in charge. Hehehe.
I can't wait. Beaches, warmeryness. I can't think of anything better! I've been to Queensland before. We (Mum, Dad, my sister and I) drove down one day during our 3 months in New South Wales. I don't remember it all that well.
Perhaps I'll have to learn many foreign cultures. Actually, an Irish cousin of mine travelled all around Australia and said that there were different things we say. Apparently putting but at the end of a sentence (eg. "She's really annoying but.") is common in Perth, whereas we Melbourne weirdo's say as at the end of sentences (eg. "It's cool as!"). i always thought everyone said that, but i was discussing it with a girl from England who I met in France and she was flummoxed ("Cool as what?!", she cried, "as what???").
So who really knows what kind of bizarre new things I'll pick up while away? I may come back a changed woman. That would be a tragedy!!! No more will I be a young innocent Melbournian, I'll be a worldly woman. I mean, sure I've done France, Ireland, Singapore and Spain. But my parents were there then. Now, think of the independence I'll have! Finally I'll be able put my plan into action. I mean... *cough*
Cat xx

0 comments: