Thursday, November 12, 2009

Remember to smile...

The ever wonderful Sanchez posted her monthly Bridget Lowry Inspired Post and I thought I'd follow her lead. Here we go.

I like sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.
I love remembering and anticipating.
I wish everyone could be happy and we could all smile together.
I remember going to the beach every day after school.
I will never finish loving the world.
I used to be sad and angry and feel unwanted.
but now I know better and I find myself rather happy.
If I had a magic wand I'd make the grass green, the sky blue and shape all the clouds like hearts.
and if I was god I'd live in those heart shaped clouds.

"Young people think oldness is the bottom of a mountain. In truth, it is the top. I am old, because I have lived a whole life. I have climbed a long, long way. When I look back the way I have come, I can see the town I was raised in, and my mother and father. I see houses I lived in, friends that I made, people and pets that I loved. I see the wrong turns that I took, places where I tripped, places where I skipped and sang and ran. I can see for years and years. To have such a view, you have to be standing at the top of a mountain."

"Love is like moonlight or thunder, or rain on a tin roof in the middle of the night: it is one of the things in life that is truly worth knowing."

-Some lovely quotes from "The Ghost's Child" by Sonya Hartnett.

Cat xx

5 comments:

Simon said...

wow i really like these pics and i love your blog!

Simon said...

oh and i like the poem too ; )

Áine said...

I love the quotes :) Very cool indeed

Athena. said...

Oh, I love this post :)
Cloud hearts are the best!
xx

catherine. said...

I love this post.

cloud hearts & quotes

love love love :)