Sunday, July 26, 2009

Let me take you down...

Last night I watched "Across the Universe" for the seventh or eighth time, and my intense love for it is not wearing off even one tiny bit. If you've never heard of it, "Across the Universe" is a movie musical about a bunch of young people in America during the Vietnam War. It's set to the music of The Beatles, so the word "awesome" comes to mind just writing about it.
A simple version of the plot would be that a group of young boys and girls in America get sucked in to and changed by the war and the revolution surrounding it. Lucy and Jude are the main characters really, closely followed by Max. As you can probably guess, there's also a love story between them(SHOCK). If you don't really like The Beatles I definitely think you can still enjoy it. The versions in the movie are extremely different to those by The Beatles, and the film has much more to offer than just the songs (though obviously they play a big part.
The acting in the film is also realllly good. The main characters are played by Evan Rachel Wood(Lucy), Jim Sturgess(Jude) and Joe Anderson(Max). Before the movie I'd only heard of Evan Rachel Wood (she was the lead in "Thirteen", another very good film), but they all do an incredibly good job. The boys are not at all bad looking either.
I won't give any of the details of the plot away. I will say that anyone of any age, either gender and with any interests should get up right now and go and buy/rent "Across the Universe". Why are you reading this? You should be getting up. GOGOGO!!!
Cat xx

1 comments:

frangipani princess said...

Ooh! I've never heard of that movie, but it sounds so awesome!
I'll definitely check it out!

x