Thursday, July 9, 2009

I know of meaning, but what does that mean?

People so often talk about the meaning of life. This amazing secret that sums up our entire existence, but that we don't understand. Personally, I never understood that kind of thing. It feels natural to me that there is no meaning of life. It's not just my atheism that forms this view , although that probably plays a part. It's just that I think that if there was a meaning of life, ironically enough, that would take the meaning out of life. What if we found out our life had a single meaning? So many things would then seem trivial, things that we previously loved. I like to think that I have complete control over my life and that I choose the meaning. That in itself is mind blowing.
Cat xx

1 comments:

frangipani princess said...

The meaning of life, the universe and everything in it is 42.

sorry, had to say that :P

I'm a Christian, but I still don't really know just *what* the meaning of life is. It's kind of confusing hahaha

x