Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The best day of 2009 is here...

Yes, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" was released in Australia today. Sadly, there are four whole days between when it comes out and when I get to see it and I doubt I'll be able to relax until I have. Those I know that have seen it seem to have enjoyed it. They had the same complaint that comes out each movie: they cut that out/ changed this. But I just thought, while reading a Miss Moi blog, that the Australian release of Harry Potter was the perfect occasion for a list. Here we go...
Reasons I Love Harry Potter"

Number One: It appeals to a large audience. Not just age wise, but gender wise and just personality wise in general. This means that I will be able to read and re-read, watch and re-watch the books and movies...forever.
Number Two: It's a great conversation piece. Awkward silence? Easily peasily fixed. Just bring up Harry Potter. Everyone has something to say: they love it, they hate it, they think it's overrated and wont dignify it by reading it. Whatever a persons view, there will always be some kind of conversation to be had, whether it be a squeal fest about how much you both love it or a debate.
Number Three: It created its own universe of magic and fantasy. I mean, until my twelfth birthday I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, Hogwarts existed, and maybe I would be accepted. I've also had the occasional Voldemort nightmare. Its just a completely new and beautiful world.
Number Four: The characters are loverly. I mean, Harry Potter himself annoys me a bit, but Ron, Hermione, Tonks, Luna, Ginny, Fred and George, Lupin, Sirius Black, Dumbledore and my lord the list goes on; these are people we(hardcore fans) have come to love. The boys are gentleman(I'm excluding Malfoy from this), and the girls have actual personalities.
Number Five: As an aspiring author, JK Rowling rise to fame and wealth has really given me hope. It's one of those inspiration things that I hold onto when I feel absolutely hopeless. If she can do it, so can I. That was not meant as an insult to JK, by the way.
Cat xx

3 comments:

Leandra Greenmoon said...

:) I can truly understand that..when I was eleven I was just hoping that maybe a letter would come in the mail for me!
:P my fav characters are luna lovegood, nymphadora tonks and bellatrix lestrange. How bout you cat?
P.S I made dirigible plum earrings!

missmoi said...

Am thoroughly touched to have inspired you! And the new Harry Potter will blow your mind.

xx Miss Moi

frangipani princess said...

I totally expected a letter on my 11th birthday. Even though I knew that I wasn't magical. hahahha
I love all the characters, but most of my favourites got killed off in the last book. I still get teary thinking about Fred :(
The movies are definitely not my favourites, but I lovelovelove the books :)

x