Monday, July 13, 2009

Jane Austen, you crafty lady...


I've decided that I'm going to make myself a promise. For a long time I've been trying to make my way through "Pride and Prejudice". I find it difficult because the language confuses me quite a bit and it stops the flow of the story. As with so many other things though, I am determined. I find the most effective way of making myself do something is to have a specific goal. Generally when I set a goal I become quite stubborn about it. So, I Cat promise that by the end of the year I will not only have finished "Pride and Prejudice", but I'll also have read Northanger Abbey" and "Mansfield Park".

Maybe that doesn't sound too hard, but factoring in the time I'll need to read another book in between each and homework plus extracurricular commitments, I think that's all I can handle. Set a goal for yourself today. It's exciting, really.

Cat xx

2 comments:

This old world is a new world said...

Cat, you might want to check out this blog, by a Jane Austen expert in Melbourne who is currently in England at a Jane Austen concert and visiting Jane Austen's house in Bath:

Sorrow at Sills Bend

(and then suggest your school invite her to talk to your class!).

Good luck with your plan (hint: try reading the dialogue out loud...).

frangipani princess said...

I have been trying to read Pride And Prejudice all year. It's just so boring!
I do really want to finish it though.
Hahahah I was at borders the other day, and there was a book called Pride And Prejudice And Zombies. It made me rofl.

x